Active Directory Assessment/Auditing Tool

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Active Directory Assessment/Auditing Tool

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James Haynes 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Susanna

Hi,

I am currently working on a project in which Active Directory, Microsoft Exhange Server and File Server has to be reviewed on Windows Server 2012 R2. I have tried different tools trial version namely AD Manager Plus, IT Environment health scanner, MaxPowersoft Active Directory Reports Lite, NetIQ, Solar winds, Sekscheck, Enterprise Reporter, Lepide Auditor.

The requirement is that our client is not allowing us to install any tool on Target Servers, so we are looking for a tool that can be installed on Windows 10 workstation (connected to servers) and can get the detailed information for review and assessment of the target servers.The review incldes following based on best practices:
    1- Configuration Review
    2- Architecture/Design Review
    3- Security Review

Can anyone suggest me a tool that can be installed on a remote workstation connected to the Active Directory, Exchange Server and File Server for the above mentioned review purpose.

Thanks

wullieb1
    Participant

Install the Windows Admin Center
    Install RSAT Tools
    Install Active Directory Topology Diagrammer

Else if you want to download some powershell scripts there are plenty out there that will do this for you.

Ossian

Perhaps a bit more about what you are actually trying to achieve? (“have to be reviewed” covers a multitude of sins)

Also my spam-senses are tingling, so anyone signing up just to post some amazing commercial solution WILL be banned :evil:

James Haynes

yeah, i see how this goes now. its been a long time, but i do remember how this plays out now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.