64 bit Windows 10

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 64 bit Windows 10

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GordonSweet 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • GordonSweet

Now that I am using Windows 10 64 bit I can of course no longer run any old 32 bit software such as old DOS. I there any simply crafty way I can use 32 bit software?

biggles77
    Spectator

What version of Winshit 10 do you have Gordon? If you can install Hyper-V then you can create Virtual Machine in them to run the 32 bit software.
    Another option is to create a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox (free app) which can be installed on Winshit 10 and run the 32 bit software in that.

Ossian

64 bit windows will happily run 32-bit software but not 16-bit (DOS is 16-bit)
    As suggested, Client HyperV (if you meet the requirements) or VirtualBox to run an older OS such as XP, then your 16-bit software will work on it

GordonSweet

Sorry to show my ignorance buy how do I check what versions of Win 10 the local shop has installed for me. The older engineer seemed to have done a good job with my Laptop, but with this tower some lazy young enginieer failed to manually copy over all the old files when he replaced the old drive with this smaller but nice fast SD drive. I manged to backup most beforehand. He did give me back the old drive admitting | might need to copy from it!

Ossian

Open Explorer, right click “THIS PC” and select Properties
    If you have Windows 10 Professional, and at least 4Gb RAM, you should be able to install Client HyperV (there are some processor / motherboard requirements too).

GordonSweet

Thanks I sprect this has othing like 4 Gb of ram

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.