Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
36 results in 0.0015 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

server 2008 r2 x

• itninja1510
    started a topic Roaming Profiles - server 2008R2

Roaming Profiles - server 2008R2

Hi guys,

I got roaming profiles deployed using AD profile path. not using folder redirection.

Profile all saving in a server- network shared folder. inside the folder, for each user, it has many versions. what does it mean ? why it is creating many versions ? is it ok to delete...
    See more | Go to post

• 2008R2 Domain with 2003 Enterprise ROOT CA

Hey Guys.

I need to decomission old CA - I'm bricking it!!!! lol.......... I shouldn't be laughing if this goes wrong.......

Ok, this CA was setup by myself years ago for the purpose of RPC over HTTPS(outlook) self-signed certificate for our users, the setup was fairly...
    See more | Go to post

• Provide services access to start & stop => NON ADMIN user

Hello Experts,

With server 2008 R2 , how do we provide the access to non admin user(devuser) to start and stop services(e.g Tocmat where tomcat installation is done by ADMIN account)

I want to restrict the devuser USER with uninstallation/delete or modify important config...
    See more | Go to post

• MarkJones
    started a topic Certificate Authority

Certificate Authority

Hi

One question..... I already have an enterprise ROOT CA installed(this i think is going to be de-commissioned) am I ok to install a STANDALONE ROOT CA as well(On a different domain member server)? I can't see any problem as the ENTERPRISE CA is active directory linked and the STAND...
    See more | Go to post

• MarkJones
    started a topic Limiting RRAS via computer

Limiting RRAS via computer

Hi all

Can someone tell me if this is possible using Server 2008 R2 Routing and Remote Access.

Using NPS can you restrict VPN access by computer/device that the user is connecting from.

If the computer is domain joined, can that computer be placed into a security...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by MarkJones; 11th June 2014, 15:40. Reason: update

• Server 2008 R2 GPO not working in Workgroup enviroment

Good morning.

I hope some one can realy help me out on this one as i have no idee what to do any more. I have a server 2008 R2 with around 200 users on it, I have NO DOMAIN so running workgroup, and my users RDP to the server. So on all of our other servers the setup is the same. Ok so
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by mundey; 29th January 2014, 06:52.

• koipot
    started a topic Server 2008R2 licensing

Server 2008R2 licensing

Hi

This may sound like an obvious question but I'm a little unclear about Server licensing.

I want to install a server running Server 2008R2 in an office with 10 client PCs. Do I need to buy additional CALs (on top of the server license) to add all 10 PCs to the domain?...
    See more | Go to post

• bobrivers
    started a topic SIS on Server 2008 R2

SIS on Server 2008 R2

Hello

I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 and have just implemented Single Instance Storage on our main volume.

On this volume we only backup 6 business critical folders out of a total of about 15.

The reason we backup only 6 business critical folders is...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by bobrivers; 19th April 2013, 09:52. Reason: Title

• saud
    started a topic Local Administrator Account 2008 R2

Local Administrator Account 2008 R2

What are the disadvantages of changing the name of local adminsitrator account?
    See more | Go to post

• toddy08
    started a topic Script to change folder ownership

Script to change folder ownership

Hi Guys,

I've been tasked with creating a script that will change the ownership of a folder to that of its folder name (which so happens to be the students name) for disk quota purposes.

I currently have:
    Code:
    $rootfolder = Get-ChildItem -Path \\testsrv-file\staff\pupils
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rems; 6th November 2012, 22:36.

• rooster
    started a topic Server 2008 R2 SP1 - DFS Issue

Server 2008 R2 SP1 - DFS Issue

If this post needs to be moved to another forum - please let me know.
    DFS Installation was OK on DC1 - no issues.
    Using local DNS Integrated AD on DC1 and third party DNS.

When trying to create a new domain based Namespace from within the DFS Management console
    See more | Go to post

• Spuddy
    started a topic DFS Issue.

DFS Issue.

Dear All,

I have a DFS issue. I have two sites with one DFS namespace and two referring members which are both enabled. One member server at each site.

For whatever reason, when I browse the dfs data share, it retrieves from the remote site and not the local copy. But the sysvol...
    See more | Go to post

• dcdiag error on dns server when connecting second dc

Good day all - have an existing Server 2008 R2 domain controller with AD and DNS installed. Upwards of 75 clients using RDC across NA. Set up a second server and am trying to attach to domain in order to do real time replication/backup in case of server crash. When trying to connect to AD xxxxx.local,...
    See more | Go to post

• Kenzii
    started a topic Cloud Services - Active directory?

Cloud Services - Active directory?

Hi,
    We are setting up a test lab for hosted cloud services. The idea was that we have a single Domain Controller, with a OU for each company, and when the search for users - they only see members of that OU.

I dont understand how exactly we would go about setting this up. For example....
    See more | Go to post

• networknerd
    started a topic DNS forward lookup zones
    in DNS

DNS forward lookup zones

I have been asked to work on a Windows Server 2008 R2 that had the DNS zones deleted and not backed up. I re-created the zones. But, there are no sub-folders in the new forward look-up zones. I removed and re-installed DNS but have the same issue. Any ideas on how to get DNS to add the correct sub-folders...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X