Re: Want to create a solution for 1.7 lac AD Users and 40000 Exchange Users

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Want to create a solution for 1.7 lac AD Users and 40000 Exchange Users Re: Want to create a solution for 1.7 lac AD Users and 40000 Exchange Users

Re: Want to create a solution for 1.7 lac AD Users and 40000 Exchange Users

Microsoft provides a formula for total # of procs in your fleet running the CAS role equals N domain controllers. If I can find it I’ll post it.

As for you users, I’m not sure what you mean by “1.7lac” – perhaps its lost in translation…. Do you mean 170,000 users? How many computers? Is the domain flat? What are you going to be held to for SLAs? What expectations do the various business units have?

The bigger question is what hardware are you planning on using? You could get away with a handful of powerful domain controllers at that scale, given the correct topology. On the converse, you may be better served with several lightweight virts residing in each site (I have no idea what your topology looks like)…

At that point you have several considerations which wont be answered by a simple “guideline”. You need to consider your topology, user density at your sites, fault tolerance/resilience and any number of things.

If I were you, I would start by defining the business requirements, then align your technical requirements to answer for them. In the end, your best bet might be to bring someone onboard for a couple weeks.