Re: Swing migration – SBS 2003 -> SBS 2011

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Swing migration – SBS 2003 -> SBS 2011 Re: Swing migration – SBS 2003 -> SBS 2011

noRulez43

Re: Swing migration – SBS 2003 -> SBS 2011

I know if Jeff couldn’t help, it’s probably not getting resolved but I figured I’d give it a shot – can’t hurt. It is SP2 for Windows 2003 server, correct – however, I can’t install any updates or programs that have an actual installation process. I have installed all of the updates that I can before I reboot and take the server offline but there is still the issue of Exchange and Exchange SP2 which I can’t install until later (at that point, I won’t be able to attach it back to the production LAN without crippling my production environment). Jeff has suggested that I migrate Exchange manually but I wanted to avoid that if possible. Looks like I’ll be migrating Exchange manually. :( Also, I’ve tried installing programs before and after seizing FSMO roles – once it is disconnected from the production LAN, I can’t install anything at any point.
The other odd thing I noticed is that I don’t get any of the Administrator’s desktop icons and can’t access the desktop at all when not connected to the LAN. Not sure if that’s normal behavior or not.