Re: Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain. Re: Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain.

Joels

Re: Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain.

I am pretty sure my DNS is AD integrated. Both servers are in 192.168.0 subnet and have similar DHCP server settings. Only 1 will run at a time. Currently DNS and DHCP are diabled on the old server and everything runs fine, as long as the old server is on.

I just know that the clients are in the domain, I did not know they need to be linked to a specific server. They can connect to the new server via network drives or typing in \newservername in run box with their credentials as long as the old server is on as well. If the old server is not on, it wants a password, specifically the “administrator” one. Do I need to somehow point the users and computers to be associated with the new sever specifically. Do I have to tell the new server to take care of log in problems? I am pretty sure I set it up as a GC.

Onething to note: my current domain name has ” .com” like domain.com. I have heard warnings about this, but this is what the current domain was called. Not sure if this will matter.