Re: Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain. Re: Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain.

Joels

Re: Replacing Windows 2000 Server with Windows Server 2003 SBS r2 in existing domain.

Small update. I successfully got the DNS server on New server to point to the new server IP address when pinging the domain name from both client and server now. I was able to do this by removing the other server from the DNS listings as a NS or a host of the domain. Not sure if this was a good idea… :-?

I am still having log on issues. Log in takes a long time for clients and mapped network drives wont’ log in with users account info like they normally do when both servers are up. It is asking for a user name and password (meaning that the one I am logged in with didn’t work. ) :confused: I can’t figure out what is missing from my new server that won’t let it opperate the domain by itself. Do I have to demote the old one before it will do this?

Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciate :)

Joel