Re: Office 2010 and msp files

Home Forums Office Office 2010 / 2013 General Issues Office 2010 and msp files Re: Office 2010 and msp files

IceNine

Re: Office 2010 and msp files

wullieb1;275551 wrote:
Are you being serious?

What happens when you have to rebuild a machine and these settings need to be applied to that machine, or when a new machine enters the building and needs the settings applied.

A group policy will be processed but if the relevant change has already been made it won’t make it again. It will check though and revert anything that has been changed from the policy.

Try it with your IE home page and you’ll see what I mean.

That’s exactly what I mean. I should have prefaced that, we have a mentality of giving users the “correct” settings but still allow them to change it if they wish. Don’t get me started on this. It’s an uphill battle I’m trying to fight ever since I joined the firm. My manager likes to argue with users when stuff breaks because they changed whatever… to me this is asinine and causes undue stress on IT and End user sides. Take away the right to change the setting and you have a) nothing that can break b) no arguments.
So yes, mgmt is opposed to group policy because it will revert any changes made back to what the setting should be. Hope that clarifies it.