Re: Manually Remove SharePoint Services from Windows 2003 DC.

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Manually Remove SharePoint Services from Windows 2003 DC. Re: Manually Remove SharePoint Services from Windows 2003 DC.

wullieb1
Participant

Re: Manually Remove SharePoint Services from Windows 2003 DC.

Ahh ok.

Now from what i’ve read when you use the Add/Remove feature i does NOT remove all the databases and such. There is a command line tool that can remove it completely.

You’ve probablybeen here and read it but i thought i’d post anyway.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/wss/2/all/adminguide/en-us/stsd04.mspx?mfr=true

Right at the bottom it mentions stsadm and the -deletecontent switch.

Quote:
When you use the Add or Remove Programs control panel to remove Windows SharePoint Services from a server, it calls a command-line operation, stsadm -o uninstall, to perform the task. The uninstall operation does not remove any chained products that were installed. The uninstall operation takes the optional -deletecontent parameter. When uninstall is used without the -deletecontent parameter, it leaves the content and configuration databases in place, so that Windows SharePoint Services can be reinstalled, and you can reconnect to the databases and continue hosting sites. When the -deletecontent parameter is used, the content and configuration databases are removed, and you cannot recover the site content.

I will keep digging though