Re: Exch 2010. Service “Microsoft Exch mail submission.”

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exch 2010. Service "Microsoft Exch mail submission." Re: Exch 2010. Service “Microsoft Exch mail submission.”

shefi

Re: Exch 2010. Service "Microsoft Exch mail submission."

Thanks Serolmi for your help.

Yes, IMAP4 may fail because of the Information store does not start, along with other services, in all of my exchange servers.

The eventID, 7000 and 7009, with several services failing to start: Mail Submission , Information Store, Edge Sync, IMAP4, POP3, and there are others…even Net sharing fails to start due to a “not timely fashion”.

What made me think most from your post is when you say how bad having DC2 offline is.

I checked the Event viewer in DC1 and there was this event:

Source: ActiveDirectory_DomainService
Event ID: 2092
Description: “This server is the owner of the following FSMO role, but does not consider it valid. For the partition which contains the FSMO, this server has not replicated successfully with any of its partners since this server has been restarted. Replication errors are preventing validation of this role. “

So I just thought:

Maybe it is all about having DC2 offline, and I have brought it online to check how things work now. Then I rebooted all my Exchange Servers but I have to wait to see if it works fine, because now the Information Store gets up and running, but not others, I just have to wait and restart the server twice or so.

As for the performance issue:

Since my machines are 1 GB RAM, I thought this could be the issue , because as far as I know Exchange demands a lot of RAM.