Reply To: How Microsoft's Power Platform can empower 'citizen developers'

Home Forums General Chat MJF Chat How Microsoft's Power Platform can empower 'citizen developers' Reply To: How Microsoft's Power Platform can empower 'citizen developers'

JBJ2110
Participant

1) Who is the ‘natural’ audience for Power Apps? Given that it is a low/no code solution, one would think it would attract the business users of the world. But in fact the interface can still seem a little intimidating. Given that, is the vision that there will be enough training out there to help business users overcome their initial ‘shyness’?
2) Is it envisioned that Power Apps will replace existing processes in the business? Or will it be deployed (at least initially) to solve problems that are not even on the IT planning radar? If it will (or will eventually) replace existing processes, what is the best way to document app/flow solutions? Can they be saved in a SPO library (for example) and annotated with metadata?
3) Can you clarify what extent of PowerApps is available with standard E3 and E5 licenses? I know there are two further levels, P1 and P2, and would love to understand how those work as well.
4) How does the Common Data Service play into all of this? I know use of CDS is tied to P1 and P2 licensing, but could you possibly explain CDS like I am 5? :)

Thanks MJF and I hope these questions meet the bar you have set for being eligible to include. Am going to tweet this out as well.
Kind regards,
Jessica Jolly
Owner, ALT-Enter, LLC