Reply To: Microsoft's Windows Virtual Desktop: What's in it for me?

Home Forums General Chat MJF Chat Microsoft's Windows Virtual Desktop: What's in it for me? Reply To: Microsoft's Windows Virtual Desktop: What's in it for me?

mattchattblog
Participant

Does the service require Active Directory Directory Services (ADDS) exclusively? We tried to enable it but couldn’t because we use AAD only. Will it support AAD accounts when it’s GA?

From https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/virtual-desktop/create-host-pools-azure-marketplace#virtual-machine-settings
For the Virtual machine setting blade:

Select the Image source and enter the appropriate information for how to find it and how to store it. If you choose not to use managed disks, select the storage account containing the .vhd file.
Enter the user principal name and password for the domain account that will join the VMs to the Active Directory domain. This same username and password will be created on the virtual machines as a local account. You can reset these local accounts later.
Select the virtual network that has connectivity to the Active Directory server, then choose a subnet to host the virtual machines.
Select OK.