Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Writing a script that checks for GPOs (read to understand what I am trying to do)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing a script that checks for GPOs (read to understand what I am trying to do)

Hi guys,

I am writing a script that our remote support agents will use via Bomgar (remote tool).

Some of our clients that use our products are home windows or workgroup computers. Some are domain machines and some of them that are domain machines have certain GP restrictions on internet explorer settings.

Our products have specific IE settings and our agents go onboard and modify them. If they are restricted they ask for the admins/local techs to make the changes.

I am writing a script that reads current settings of IE and writes the desired settings. This is fine on machinse that don't have GPO on some of these sttings, but if the GP are in effect it over rules the user settings (current user software etc... registry)

Now.. what I want to do is to write a condition to check if the GPO exists.

For example

Internet Options>Advanced>Check for signature on downloaded programs

This can be a yes or no. I know where the registry is for the local settings. But what about domain pushed GPO?

If I could write a condition to check if it has something written in the registry for the policy I would be able to condition the script and say "GPO in effect, can't change" this would inform the agents that they can't change this particular setting. It also generates and audit trail log/final report which opens in the end.

Duplicate post.

Comment

Working...
    X