• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logon script + add printer

Hi

I would like to know how can i add printer to Security Group

We have 2 Terminal Servers 2008 and some security groups per devision
    lets say Marketing & Sales , and i would like that every time a user from the Marketing will login to the Terminal his printer (PrnMarket) will be installed
    and when Sales , PrnMarket , will be installed

this is part of our login.vbs

i would like to add
    Printer by OU

10x

Re: logon script + add printer

I'm sure Google will answer your question for you. There will be plenty of code samples showing how to connect to a shared printer and how to test group membership.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by tulik23 View Post

how can i add printer to Security Group
      1. We have security groups per devision, i would like that every time a user from one of the devisions login to the Terminal his printer will be connected.

2. i would like to add Printer by OU
      Are both terminal servers in the same farm? then create a new user logon script. Configure the script in the User Configuration part of the GPO linked to the Terminal Servers OU. Use Loopback processing of group policy.

In the script use conditional printer mapping based on group membership.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I think that in your 1st post you misplaced the printers.

marketing security group -> prntmktg
        sales security group -> prntsales

I've always used this way of mapping printers, by group membership.

now im starting to migrate all my logon scripts to group policy preferences.

If you have a Windows 2008r2\windows 7 client in your domain and not much vbscript knowledge, you can use the group policy preferences to map network drives\printer instead of a login script using a gui.

btw, i'm attaching my login script, it check the user membership even on nested security groups.

Bye
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X