Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output to different column in excel csv

Hi all

Im looking to out put information into an excel sheet or csv file. I need to export the 1st query to column 1 and the second to column 2.

Its only really practical if this command is only a few lines long.

So far ive tried export-csv, write-output and more but cant get the data on separate columns

my best effort so far

Get-ADUser -filter * -SearchBase "ou=users,dc=contoso,dc=com" | select samaccountname,givenname,surname >> C:\ps-get-user-data.csv

will put all the data into 1 column and 1 cell. I need the data on separate columns. e.g. a1,b1,c1 with excel

Anyone in the know

Thanks

Confuseis

Re: Output to different column in excel csv

There is an "Export-CSV" cmdlet which should do what you want, so:

Get-ADUser -filter * -SearchBase "ou=users,dc=contoso,dc=com" | select samaccountname,givenname,surname | Export-CSV <filename>

Full syntax: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../hh849932.aspx
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian that works perfectly. I was making the mistake of | export-csv >> <filename>
      Last edited by confuseis; 20th March 2014, 19:01.

Comment

Glad to help!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X