Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Powershell Profile

All,

I am not sure if this should be in the Exchange Forum or the Powershell forum...

I have an exchange 2010 Hybrid environment in a multi-domain forest. Whenever I need to use exchange powershell I have to change the recipient scope using the cmdlet Set-AdServerSettings -ViewEntireForest $true

What I would like to do is to have exchange Powershell Module run this automatically at startup so I created a powershell profile and added the cmdlet to a ps1 file but it loads BEFORE the exchange module is loaded so I get an error everytime.

In addition it loads whenever I start any powershell session rather than just the exchange module.

Is there a way I can get this to load in the exchange powershell session only (not non-exchange powershell) and to do so AFTER it has loaded the necessary modules.

Re: Exchange Powershell Profile

Create a profile

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../ee156814.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Originally posted by sailingbikeruk View Post
      All,

so I created a powershell profile and added the cmdlet to a ps1 file but it loads BEFORE the exchange module is loaded so I get an error everytime.
      Have I not already tried that? My problem was that the profile didn't solve it so I have either done something wrong or it isn't the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by sailingbikeruk View Post
        Have I not already tried that? My problem was that the profile didn't solve it so I have either done something wrong or it isn't the solution.
        Sorry I missed that.

What file have you editied?

Open powershell and type $profile and check that you've edited the correct profile.

Mine is current located in My Documents\WindowsPowershell Folder

Another method by creating a dedicated shortcut. Show with IIS but should be similar.

http://blogs.iis.net/sergeia/archive...is-module.aspx

No time to test at the moment but if I get a chance over the weekend I will try.
        Last edited by wullieb1; 20th March 2014, 01:08.

Comment

Working...
        X