Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powershell v3.0

Dear Sir,
    I am learning self Powershell v3.0.I am viewing the classes about Power shell v3. 0 in the Microsoft Virtual Academy. But I don't understand what they are saying may be because of language problem.
    Us's people English pronunciation and Indian peoples English pronunciation is different.
    I am searching in Google for any e-book of power shell v3. 0. but I have not found the book. please share me if you have any Microsoft powershellv3. 0 book. (for beginners).

if you don't have any book please share any important commands which will mandatory to work on real time

Regards,
    Durgavaraprasad
    Last edited by durgavaraprasad; 7th December 2013, 16:29.

Re: Powershell v3.0

Check out the scripting guys' blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/

Here's a pretty thorough rundown of a bunch of books, free and for sale: http://powershell.org/wp/powershell-books/
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Powershell V3.0 Book

Not cool. That book is not free and that link is illegal. Reported to mod for action.

Here's the legit links for that book:
      http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_pr...p-by-step.aspx
      http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0790...-product-promo
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Powershell V3.0 Book

First - please do not post new threads if you already have one going on the subject - merged.
        Second - read and follow the forum rules (linked at the top of every page) regarding illegal software/media - warning issued
        Third - I am one of many regular contributors to the board, and do not own it - there is no need to tag my name to every post you make
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Install Server 2012 R2 as that has a sort of directory of PowerShell commands that are listed. Saves having to remember the couple of thousand commands that Server 2012 R2 uses.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            Install Server 2012 R2 as that has a sort of directory of PowerShell commands that are listed. Saves having to remember the couple of thousand commands that Server 2012 R2 uses.
            All versions of PowerShell have that from memory.

get-command, or the alias gcm, will list all of the available commands for you

DESCRIPTION
            The Get-Command cmdlet gets all commands that are installed on the computer, including cmdlets, aliases,
            functions, workflows, filters, scripts, and applications. Get-Command gets the commands from Windows PowerShell
            modules and snap-ins and commands that were imported from other sessions. To get only commands that have been
            imported into the current session, use the ListImported parameter.

Without parameters, a "Get-Command" command gets all of the cmdlets, functions, workflows and aliases installed on
            the computer. A "Get-Command *" command gets all types of commands, including all of the non-Windows-PowerShell
            files in the Path environment variable ($envath), which it lists in the "Application" command type.

A Get-Command command that uses the exact name of the command (without wildcard characters) automatically imports
            the module that contains the command so you can use the command immediately. To enable, disable, and configure
            automatic importing of modules, use the $PSModuleAutoLoadingPreference preference variable. For more information,
            see about_Preference_Variables (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=113248).

Get-Command gets its data directly from the command code, unlike Get-Help, which gets its information from help
            topics.

In Windows PowerShell 2.0, Get-Command gets only commands in current session. It does not get commands from
            modules that are installed, but not imported. To limit Get-Command in Windows PowerShell 3.0 and later to commands
            in the current session, use the ListImported parameter.

Comment

Working...
            X