Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map network drive on remote computer

Hello Team,

is there a way that we can use powershell command to map user network drive remotely?

here is a scenario. My users call me say hey HN "I lost my X:\"
    instead of run to their desk and mapped it manually. I want use powershell script to map their from my computer.

i.e their x: is connecting to \\File Server\User

Thanks,
    HN

Re: Map network drive on remote computer

See discussion here:
    http://www.scriptinganswers.com/foru...s.asp?TID=3660

There are issues over credentials

How about an HTA app the user can run themselves to give reconnection options, alternatively group policy preferences to refresh the drives every so often
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It's good info Ossian, I find time to time some of my user lose their mapped drive when they logon to their profile. Especially on Win7.
      Why does GPO sometime apply and sometime not? users connect via LAN cable.
      How do we reenforce GOPs apply to users profile every single times they logon?

Thanks,
      HN

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      See discussion here:
      http://www.scriptinganswers.com/foru...s.asp?TID=3660

There are issues over credentials

How about an HTA app the user can run themselves to give reconnection options, alternatively group policy preferences to refresh the drives every so often

Comment

GPOs should apply consistently. Use the RSoP and Modelling tools (in Group Policy Management Console) to check and test.

What client and server OSes are involved?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

our clients are Windows XP and Windows 7.
          DCs are Windows 2003.

I have issue where logon scripts not always applied, because the clients sometime get all the network drive and sometimes are not. But I never sit down and drill down to the issue and now I want to investigate a bit more to see what is going on.

Thanks,
          HN

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          GPOs should apply consistently. Use the RSoP and Modelling tools (in Group Policy Management Console) to check and test.

What client and server OSes are involved?

Comment

Working...
          X