Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange 365 Powershell command erroring out (command exceeded maximum permitted...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 365 Powershell command erroring out (command exceeded maximum permitted...)

I believe this is a powershell problem vs an Office 365 exchange problem so thats why I'm posting this here. Anyway I'm trying to run command to modify something for all of our users. Is there any way to get around this I cannot run the suggested PSMaximum... commands on the remote computer because the remote computer is some server MS owns that I have not access to.

PS C:\_working> Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited -RecipientTypeDetails UserMailbox| ? RetainDeletedItemsFor -le "14.00:
    00:00" | Set-Mailbox -RetainDeletedItemsFor 30
    Sending data to a remote command failed with the following error message: [ClientAccessServer=DM2PR10CA0041,BackEndServ
    er=co1pr04mb315.namprd04.prod.outlook.com,RequestI d=d62070b7-94ee-48fa-8519-ec3d6117cdce,TimeStamp=8/16/2016 1:04:35
    PM] [FailureCategory=WSMan-Others] The data in the command exceeded the maximum permitted by the session
    configuration. The allowed maximum is 500MB. Change the input, use a different session configuration, or change the
    "PSMaximumReceivedObjectSizeMB" and "PSMaximumReceivedDataSizePerCommandMB" properties of the session configuration on
    the remote computer. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (outlook.office365.com:String) [], PSRemotingTransportException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : JobFailure
    + PSComputerName : outlook.office365.com
Working...
X