No announcement yet.

command not run

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command not run

I am "struggling" with installing RSAT on Server 2016 TP3. Want to access Server Manager (don't know if it will be accessible)
    It is fresh install with know GUI.
    In PS I insert:
    Get-WindowsFeature RSAT* | Install-WindowsFeature
    It complains about Source files (not found). I installed the server from USB key drive E:.
    then I add
    Get-WindowsFeature RSAT* | Install-WindowsFeature -source e:\sources\sxs (existent
    but get the same error. What is missing.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> get-windowsfeature rsat* | install-windowsfeature -source e:\source\sxs
    install-windowsfeature : The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.
    Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more
    information on specifying a source location, see Error: 0x800f081f
    At line:1 char:28
    + ... t-windowsfeature rsat* | install-windowsfeature -source e:\source\sxs
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (@{Vhd=; Credent...Name=localhost}:PSObject) [Install-WindowsFeature],
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DISMAPI_Error__Failed_To_Enable_Updates,Microsoft. Windows.ServerManager.Commands.AddWind

Success Restart Needed Exit Code Feature Result
    ------- -------------- --------- --------------
    False No Failed {}
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

don't need it anymore... went back to core 2012 and will use 2016 VMs.
    Wanted to remove this post, but don't see the option ... I believe it was once.... May be I am blind... Don't see advanced editing.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis