VBS script hangs and prevents desktop from loading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBS script hangs and prevents desktop from loading

I have a VBS script set for a logon script in AD. i have one particular computer that wscript is kicked off, but the actual script never runs and the desktop will not load unless wscript is killed. everyone else in network is running fine. anyone got any ideas?

thanks.

Re: VBS script hangs and prevents desktop from loading

I know someone has seen this behavior before!!! i really need a little help on this one. i'm stumped. i know that you are all smarter than me!! (complimentary groveling). so please, someone help!!

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Woah give people chance to look into it.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

But almost two hours had passed after the first post!

Do you want to post the script for us -- it might give some clues.

What might be different about the problem PC compared with the others?

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i feel pretty confident that it is not the script. this same script runs on almost 50 other computers, all same make, model, and OS level as the problem PC. the script functions fine. I suspect is has to do with wscript. i had a similar problem about 3 months ago. come to find out that IE had been removed. (i use IE window as out mechanism) IE funtions properly on the problem PC. All PC's are IBM ThinkCentre's. all same model. any other details you need to know, please let me know.

Thanks.

Comment

WOW guys. 1 week, and no one even responded to tell me they had no clue as to what is going on. i'm a little disappointed!!

Comment

WOW scotthawks. 7 days and Tom is still waiting for you to post the script. Also, unless you have imaged the IBM machines and have locked the users from installing software, there is no way to guarantee that all the machines are identical. It will only take one different setting or app to stop the script.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I did infact image the machines, and i do have the pc's locked down to prevent installs. i have scanned the machine for viruses, spyware, etc. nothing. if you want me to post the script, i'll be more than happy too. as i said in previous post, i feel sure it's not the script.

OK, tried to post script but post only hold 10,000 charecters, and apparently my script has somewhere around 43000.

so, i'll have to post in parts.

Comment

Scotthawks,
                  It would be much easier if you posted the script as a file attachment, but we'll try to have a look at it

Tom
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

attached file as text file.

thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

i've removed all the script posts. Topic became unreadable.
                      Marcel
                      Technical Consultant
                      Netherlands
                      http://www.phetios.com
                      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                      X