desktop shortcut for domain users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desktop shortcut for domain users

Hi I've been checking the boards and I'm going to try the suggestions for creating a batch file and attaching it to the logon folder and sending this out via group policy.

Is there any way I can use the "net use" command to have a desktop shortcut show up for a group of users or an OU?

Thanks,

softtrain

Re: desktop shortcut for domain users

Originally posted by softtrain
    Hi I've been checking the boards and I'm going to try the suggestions for creating a batch file and attaching it to the logon folder and sending this out via group policy.

Is there any way I can use the "net use" command to have a desktop shortcut show up for a group of users or an OU?

Thanks,

softtrain
    So let me see if i understand you. You want a shortcut, to a share folder to appear on only certain peoples desktop?

Let me know if that is correct.

Thanks
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by softtrain

Thanks,

softtrain
      You would probably need to use VB script to first of all check the group memberships and then map the relevant drives.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1
        You would probably need to use VB script to first of all check the group memberships and then map the relevant drives.
        Or if you do not wanna play with VB script then use ifmember.exe ... you should find it in the res.kit (not 100% sure)

Comment

Working...
        X