No announcement yet.

unlock locked machine

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlock locked machine

i'm looking for file or script that can unlock machine by pressing the ctrl alt del and put the username and password, I see a lot of people said that it's cannot be done , i'm wondering how does the windows auto logon work when you fix it in the registry, it's actually do the same as press the ctrl alt del and put the username and password and then press the enter to logon you automatically, so why we cannot write a script or something else that unlock locked machine all he need to do is the same as auto logon does...?

there is a file that can do that from here

the problem is that this file cannot send password that involved with upper case password only password that have lower case, can someone look at this file and try to fix this bug, or can learn from this file how it's done and create a file on his own with no Bugs.
    Last edited by avipenina; 26th May 2006, 12:37.

Re: unlock locked machine

It would be helpful if you can let us know exactly what you are trying to achive. Maybe there is another way to work around the problem.

I often hear about the problem of people leaving computers locked preventing others from using the system. Obviouly you don't want to give everyone admin access which is needed to unlock a computer. If that is the case you can always try a third party product called Unlock Administrator This program lets you specify which users can unlock a system (either completely or forcing the current session to close)

I don't know if it has any scription capabilities.

Hope this helps

Re: unlock locked machine

So im guessing you want the script to unlock a workstation once it has been locked. A few questions:

1) Why would you want to do this?

2) Why would you want to do this?
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **