Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdown Login Script

Hi All

I need to create a login script which will restart computers everynight at 12:00am... My boss would like the computers restarted every night... Currently none of the user (who happen to be wall street bond brokers) never restart or log off of their computers... This is a mixed enviroment Windows XP Pro and Windows 2k Pro and we are running a windows 2003 DC....

Re: Shutdown Login Script

I have exactly what you need .......... at work

Download PSShutDown from sysinternals (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsTools.html)

Export a list of all computer names to a text file and create a simple batch file that loops through the .txt file and shut's down the all the PC's and then set-up a scheduled task to run this every night at 11:59

If you get stuck post back and I will post a .zip of all the files when I get into work tomorrow

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

hey thanks... this works great... I appreciate your help...

Comment

NP,

Here is my scritp just incase you need it:

Echo on
        FOR /F %%G IN (workstations.txt) DO psshutdown -c -f -r -t 300 \\%%G

Just make sure you a workstations.txt file is the same directory with a list of all PC names and not forgetting the psshutdown.exe

There are plenty of other decent tools from sysintersals especially PSEXEC - you might wanna take a look at them all

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Alright, I've got a txt with the workstations listed. I have no idea how to make a batch file. Any help?
          Aye, Happy Holidays!!

Comment

Ah, nevermind did it!
            Aye, Happy Holidays!!

Comment

Working...
            X