Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot find 3 party cpl in system32

I need to find cpl file of 3rd party.

There is no cpl with the name of the icon appeared in Control Panel.

There are couple that do not open by clicking. The icon in control panel does open config box for app.

It is a tricky heck. But sure cpl.

How I can find the location of this cpl?

Hope it is right forum because no programming forum.

But sure that people here can help.

Thx.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: cannot find 3 party cpl in system32

you can find cpl files usually in the Windows System or System32 folder.

This way maybe,
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/hide-s...-panel-applets

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

If the app's CPL icon works but the shortcut isn't in the System32 folder (or the SysWWOW64 if you have one), then it's probably in the app's install directory. Search the entire C:\ drive for '*.cpl' and see what other locations show up.

A quick search of my Win7 machine shows CPL files in other Windows directories, as Program Files (x86). Not all are active, or not all are actually Control Panel applets, but they're there.

Make sure you set your folder options in Windows Explorer to show everything, including hidden system files, or you may miss what you're looking for.
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

RicklesP.

there are no CPL that I need on the disk (not in installation dir).
        I am trying to virtualize this app (it is web related).

I will not go to detailed explanation here because it is more related to app virtualization. I can not get the icon (and it is not a shortcut) on desktop.

From Rems link I got the info. And it partially explains what it could be.
        I will try some other things.

Thanks for advices.

FROM the liknk:

There are three types of Control Panel applets: Command objects, shell folders, and CPLs. Command objects are applets that run commands specified in the registry. Shell folders are applets that open up in the Control Panel. CPLs implement the CplApplet function. Command objects are the easiest to implement.
        "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
        X