Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help batch script

dear all
    any help to make batch script this the reason i want to make a batch file is to help me update the online games in 60 computers by overwriting or copying big files in one click from 1 source computer...
    instead of turning on all 60 computers and updating all online games, he'll just have to update one computer and just copy the update or overwrite the old files in all 60 computers...

i have 1 server game i want only copy newer files to pc all pc client
    example
    pc server = 192.168.3.77
    D\gameonline\dota2\
    pc -01 = 192.1683.1
    D\gameonline\dota2\

how to batch script

thx before

Re: need help batch script

Originally posted by lioncava View Post
    dear all
    any help to make batch script this the reason i want to make a batch file is to help me update the online games in 60 computers by overwriting or copying big files in one click from 1 source computer...
    instead of turning on all 60 computers and updating all online games, he'll just have to update one computer and just copy the update or overwrite the old files in all 60 computers...

i have 1 server game i want only copy newer files to pc all pc client
    example
    pc server = 192.168.3.77
    D\gameonline\dota2\
    pc -01 = 192.1683.1
    D\gameonline\dota2\

how to batch script

thx before
    Have a look at robocopy

Comment

Re: need help batch script

You could do it with a batch file scheduled to run on the server - and set it to copy to a folder that you share on all of the computers.

Or you have a script on each computer that runs on schedule and checks back with the server to see if there is any updated files to copy across.

I don't know much about robocopy but I know it uses rsync protocol (I think?) so is bound to be good. Failing that you can use xcopy, or something like 7zip command line to zip the files first, then move and extract.
      David Silvester
      Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
      X