Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove pc from domain without being connected to DC

Hi,

I'm looking for a command to remove a pc from a domain, without the pc being connected to the DC, like for instance when the DC is down. Is this possible?

Jvuz

Re: Remove pc from domain without being connected to DC

you can just remove it.

right click computer and go properties, disjoin the domain
    you don't even need the correct password (assuming you have local admin access)
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I know I can do that, but I'm looking for a way to this by a command (prompt). So I can put it into a batch.

Comment

Looks as if netdom can do the job:
        https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...pt/ZW1X1BzkfDE
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

netdom does the job when connected, but I can't find the right way to do this without being connected

Comment

Originally posted by jvuz View Post
            netdom does the job when connected, but I can't find the right way to do this without being connected
            This will work. Open an elevated command prompt (runas..) and run the following commands.

The first command line will unjoin the computer, without trying to connect to the computer object in AD.
            After the first command the name of the workgroup will be the same as the netbios name of the "old" domain. The second command will rename the workgoup (if desired).
            The third command changes the name of the computer (if desired).
            The last command will reboot the computer to apply the changes.

Code:
            @echo off
             start /B /W wmic.exe /interactive:off ComputerSystem Where "Name='%computername%'" Call UnJoinDomainOrWorkgroup FUnjoinOptions=0
             start /B /W wmic.exe /interactive:off ComputerSystem Where "Name='%computername%'" Call JoinDomainOrWorkgroup name="WORKGROUP"
             start /B /W wmic.exe /interactive:off ComputerSystem Where "Name='%computername%'" Call Rename name="standaloneComputer"
             shutdown.exe /r /t 0 /f
            /Rems