Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Prompt - copy files to a HTTPS connection

hi all,
    This is kinda urgent, so I would appreciate if anybody who knows of a solution to reply ASAP

Basically, i have been asked by work to create a batch file to copy files from a server to a https site address which has a username & password.

After an hour of googling & going through cmd, I am all out of ideas to perform this operation.

Anyone know how I would go about doing this?

All help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy
    Last edited by AndyBoot; 13th January 2006, 13:25.

Re: Command Prompt - copy files to a HTTPS connection

Copy to a HTTPS address? Do you have FTP available to where this site is stored? If so then you can use a batch file to FTP the data up. Otherwise i'm out of ideas.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well no, you canít do it with HTTP either. HTTP\HTTPS is not designed for file transfer, granted you can download files over HTTP(S) but no, thatís what FTP was invented for.

Either way you wouldnít be able to connect via a standard CLI as it would not know how to negotiate with the server auth certificate, and complete the key exchange etc etc.

topper
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

The opensource commandline browser LYNX might help you out. Never tried it, just an idea ...

Comment

I told my boss that it just wasn't possible, although many people have said it won't work and that was why FTP was invented.

He gave this link to me, said that this might work.
          http://curl.haxx.se/

To me, it might aswell be french because its driving me crazy!

Do you think this will work?

Comment

I doubt it but give it a try, remember that IIS or whatever web server you are using will require write access for the user you are connecting as, not recommended in my book.

But I will still be very surprised if it works.

That software doesn't mention HTTPSPUT only HTTPPUT, I'd be very worried putting that on my production network.

Tell Richard to sort it out himself!!!! Lazy Git.

topper over and out.
            * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Will Do, cheers Chris & Everybody Else! :P

Comment

Working...
              X