Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptance HT Logon Script

Hi,

I am taking off from this particular link here: petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=41066

Rems and the others have given quite a lot of helpful tips about how to handle this and take it forward.

I have a similar but slightly different requirement. The first bit of it remains the same; we wish to present the user with our acceptance notes and expect the users to read it. Here on, we don't actually want the users to be logged off if they either decline or close the popup. Instead; we want this to be logged into a database which gives us a list of people who are compliant and those who did not accept or just closed the window.

So the requirement is this:

1) User logs on to the domain and he is given this HTA page with the acceptance notes.
    2) User reads this and hits either on Accept or Decline or manages to close the popup.
    3) Whatever action is taken; this should be logged into a table. This could even be a text document for all I care.

How best can I approach this? Also, we do not want to configure Run Logon scripts sync mode to be enabled. This is quite a PITA if things go wrong. Also, this hinders the process' for slow logon optimization and we don't need this.

Appreciate any help that anyone here could provide with this.

Regards,
    Ryuk.

Re: Acceptance HT Logon Script

tbh you would be better with a written AUP which HR make people sign and then file away.

Anything else is open to doubt "I was going to read it but clicked OK by mistake - if I had read it I wouldnt have agreed" (or similar)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Which is what we told HR and we agreed that this would run for a short period of time; lets say a month or maybe two for existing employees.

However, for the ones that we are part of the organization already, they need a way for people to accept this. Kinda stuck with this

Any advice?

Ryuk

Comment

HR sends around form to all staff with instructions to read, sign and return by X-Day
        Anyone doesnt have it returned has a "friendly" chat with HR on X+1

(Basically, why do you have to do HR's dirty work for them -- they should already have suitable mechanisms for things like this)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X