Outlook 2007 - Coporate Signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 - Coporate Signature

I have been tasked by my boss to apply a standard corporate signature to every user logging into our Terminal Server farm (2003 x64). We are using Exchange and Outlook 2007. We do not have any 2008 domain controllers at all, everything is still 2003. Naturally this has to be done with any 3rd party apps i.e. for free!

Some google results mention using powershell script but you require 2008 R2 for powershell scripts to function.

We already have a standard signature which users use but I have to make it that when they login it is overwritten. Group Policy I understand but have very small scripting experience. Since we have a standrd signature already I'd like to at the signature template to a word document which can be referenced thru powershell (if possible) and GPO.

Can someone please assist?

Re: Outlook 2007 - Coporate Signature

Which version of Exchange?
    If its 2007 or 2010 you can use a transport rule to add a sig based on info in AD
    Otherwise there are many 3rd party solutions including Exclaimer and PolicyPatrol
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It is exchange 2007. For the transport rule does that apply a signature to every message sent from the organisation? Or are you able to control what messages the signature attaches itself too?

Comment

You can control it using suitable criteria in the rule
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X