Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable the IE Address bar (could a script help to achieve my goal?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable the IE Address bar (could a script help to achieve my goal?)

Hello,

I need to lockdown IE8 for our specific needs.

IE should be pointed to Intranet site that contains many links to LAN and WAN pages.
    IE8 on W7 is used.

MAIN GOAL:
    User should not be able to access anything in beside INTRANET.

I am about succeded. But have a question for a missing thing.
    I am using local GPO for a user and registry. Proxy and home page are configured so INTRANET Web page and all links on it are accessible.

NoNavBar and NoCommandBar are added in registry.
    So there are no navigation option.
    I achived the main goal.

The things that are missing are Back, Forward, Home buttons. They are gone with the registry key NoNavBar applied.

May be it is possible to enable buttons only?

Or even better just enable Address Bar back and restrict typing in Address bar. This would be a perfect solution for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: could a script help to achieve my goal?

could you put a "back/fwd/home" nav bar at the very top of your intranet page maybe ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: could a script help to achieve my goal?

The idea is fine. But Web site is managed by Fifth party company.
      Sure I have full access to the server. If you can suggest a simple way to apply this on IIS I can try ... I am locking down 15 Thin clients. And there are other 1000+ machines that use Full IE. Couple of small buttons will not harm...
      Let see may somebody has an idea how to accomplish my"strange" demand to disable typing in IE address bar.
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
      X