Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find all members of local administrator groups

Hi,

As part of hardening our domain security, I had been looking for a script to find/list all members of the local 'administrators' group from all domain member computers...please suggest some useful scripts..

Also, if I make a list of end user workstations, please suggest how to edit the script to run the script over the text file...

Grateful for your tips
    Insaf Muhammed
    System Admin
    -----------------
    Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Re: Find all members of local administrator groups

Moved to scriptnig forum as not really AD related.

First thing is to check GPOs for restricted groups as they over-ride any local assignment
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

How about using ? A Powershell example, which contains VBScript version as well. As the solution uses ADSI, you can connect to remote systems too. It was the first hit for "powershell get local administrators". As a side note, using Google really is an essential skill for any administrator. There are lots of problems already solved, and the solutions are just a mouse click away.

For multiple computers, the standard control structure is loop. So read the computer names, use loop to iterate individual computers and query each one.

-vP

Comment

Hi,

can you install powershell v2.0 and questad command lets on you server or any domain machine from where you can query rest of the groups.

Then you can use the following command
        get-qadmemberof command to find out who are the members of local admin group
        Thanks & Regards
        v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
        Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
        Independent IT Consultant and Architect
        Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

I'd use MBSA for that. Currently v 2.2 I think, free from MS.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

This link will help you.
            http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=27548&page=2

Thanks to REMS for the script

Comment

Originally posted by vonPryz View Post
              How about using ? A Powershell example, which contains VBScript version as well. As the solution uses ADSI, you can connect to remote systems too. It was the first hit for "powershell get local administrators". As a side note, using Google really is an essential skill for any administrator. There are lots of problems already solved, and the solutions are just a mouse click away.

For multiple computers, the standard control structure is loop. So read the computer names, use loop to iterate individual computers and query each one.

-vP
              Hi there, thanks for your tips! BTW, I utilize a hell lot of Google for 95% of my issues and has always been to finding '' solutions. But it's one of those times I seek an expert's advise right from the horse's mouth when I gotta deep dig for something very authentic !! Scripting, I am still baby-stepping in it and do not dare try my luck on business critical machines. I am always thankful to you guys for valuable and legitimate knowledge share.
              Last edited by Insaf; 26th December 2010, 08:48.
              Insaf Muhammed
              System Admin
              -----------------
              Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Comment

Originally posted by totoy bato View Post
                This link will help you.
                http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=27548&page=2

Thanks to REMS for the script
                Thank you for the share and great to you have been thru this!!
                Last edited by Insaf; 25th December 2010, 11:29.
                Insaf Muhammed
                System Admin
                -----------------

Comment

Working...
                X