Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Screen Resolution on Windows 2008r2/W7

Hi guys:

Some windows 7 clients needs to set screen resolution 1280 x 1024 but i cant find a policy for that. Do you know a script for this???

Re: Set Screen Resolution on Windows 2008r2/W7

Originally posted by OKley View Post
    Hi guys:

Some windows 7 clients needs to set screen resolution 1280 x 1024 but i cant find a policy for that. Do you know a script for this???
    try,
    MultiRes.exe /1280,1024 /exit
    (I Not have tested it on Windows 7)

Similar utilities (that do runs on Windows 7, Vista, XP Home and Professional, and Windows Server 2003 and 2008) are:
    - Display Changer
    - QRes

\Rems

EDIT,
    Just installed Multires on Windows 7 64bit. The multires gui does not load on Windows 7.
    However, the Multires command line I showed seems to work, but with UAC active it will always ask permission for running the command.

Also tested the command line utilities,
    - reschange.exe -width=1280 -height=1024
    and
    - qres.exe /x:1280 /y:1024
    they do the job perfectly, no installation required, no UAC popup.

You can run the command from a logon batch or vbscript.
    _
    Last edited by Rems; 7th October 2010, 16:13.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I believe the settings are in the Reg, so you could make a ADM template for it, or just create a reg editing boot script (or logon).

While Windows 7 does not have the keys by default, if you input them, they should take effect.
      1. <LI sizset="41" sizcache="4">Expand down to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\System\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\VIDEO\{Hexadecimal number for your primary video card}\0000
        • Note: Under VIDEO will be one or more registry keys that have a long hexadecimal number; this is the Hexidecimal number assigned to a specific physical or logical video card. There may be more than one if video cards have been changed or a major driver update has been performed. The key that has the current setting should be the one that needs to be modified.
      2. Double-click DefautlSettings.XResolution, change the Base from Hexadecimal to Decimal notation, and set the X axis.
      3. Double-click DefautlSettings.YResolution, change the Base from Hexadecimal to Decimal notation, and set the Y axis.

Please note: I am not on my win7 box atm, so I can not test this and while I am 99% sure this should just work, please do not try to apply this on a production enviroment.

Wofen
      Good to be back....

Comment

thx guys i will try..

Comment

Working...
        X