List All PCs and associated AD Subnet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List All PCs and associated AD Subnet

Does anybody have a script that will list all machines on a domain along with their associated subnet? Also, by "subnet" I am not referring to the subnet mask defined within the TCP/IP settings of the clients computer, but rather the subnet recognized by the PC within Active Directory Sites and Services.

Re: List All PCs and associated AD Subnet

Could you give a bit more detail as to the size of your organization? Any additional info you could give may help in coming up with a solution.

Depending on how many subnets you are talking about, you could just use something like [email protected] http://www.lookatlan.com/oldindex.html and export the results to a spreadsheet.

Comment

Approx 1300 user IDs
      Three sites

Problem I have is that for each of the three sites there are old antiquated subnets defined that are no longer used. I'd like to figure out which ones are actually being used. So I'm thinking if I could somehow export all machines on the domain along with the subnet the machines are a part of then I could filter using something like Excel.

Thanks.

Comment

Can you export DHCP settings -- that should get rid of many of them
        Also if you use WSUS it gives IP as one of the standard columns
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The DHCP idea is a good one.

You could also export all PCs from your ADUC and run a ping script against that list, which in turn the results could be parsed and sorted. This would allow you to identify which subnets are used and which aren't.

Comment

Working...
          X