Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32-bit COM+ app migration to 64-bit COM+

Hi,

I have an COM+ server application, including VB6, C++, C# DLLs. It installs, uninstalls and works nice on Windows 2003 32-bit. Now I need it to be installed on Windows 2003 64-bit R2 (without rewriting DLLs, of course). When I do application export (on 32-bit machine), first time import (to 64-bit) works well, but if I need to remove/reinstall the app, the COM+ refuses to register DLLs second time. Even if I create new, empty app in COM+, drag and drop my DLLs to it, it shows nothing in Components view. I tried to un-regsvr32 all DLLs, but it (COM+) still seems to be corrupted! Only a full reinstall of Windows helps.
    I suspect that the DLL registration in 64-bit writes to registry some entries, and uninstall does not remove these entries, so the second time the registration fails.
    Is there any way to fix the situation?
    What is the proper way to register 32-bit DLLs to 64-bit COM+ on Windows 2003 machine?

Thank you in advance,
    Evgeny.

Re: 32-bit COM+ app migration to 64-bit COM+

I'm moving this to the scripting forums as there will be a better response there

Can your vendor help you?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: 32-bit COM+ app migration to 64-bit COM+

Thanks.
      My vendor, you mean Microsoft? or vendor of DLLs? These are my DLLs, I wrote them a few years ago, and they were working fine in 32-bit environment till this 64-bit installation.

Comment

Working...
      X