This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy file in system 32

i have domain windows server 2003 i need script which copying script with extension .exe in system32 workstation?
    thanks

Re: copy file in system 32

Have a look at robocopy -- comes as standard on Server 2003 IIRC
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i would use the gpo, but i don't know how?

Comment

????
        Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to do, and how GPO comes into it?
        Are you trying to copy the same file to every workstation in a domain?
        If so, what OS?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i'm trying silent installation of avira personal free 10. in the guide there's file cwnd.exe which must to be in system 32. the guide is in address
          LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR
          i want to copy this file to every workstation in domain. OS is windows xp pro on workstations
          Last edited by biggles77; 29th March 2010, 14:01.

Comment

i have solution for this situation but there's one more problem. how start this installation file antivirpec.exe with startup script. i made antivir.bat script for start installation with start computer

Code:
            @echo off
            \\server01\partition\antivirpec.exe
            i puted this script in gpo/computer configuration/windowssettings/startup

but the script doesn't work
            why?
            the permissions on share folder partition are: share permission change and ntfs modify for authenticated user

Comment

Does the script run manually?
              Does RSoP show the script is being applied?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by gogi100 View Post
                i'm trying silent installation of avira personal free 10. in the guide there's file cwnd.exe which must to be in system 32. the guide is in address
                LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR
                i want to copy this file to every workstation in domain. OS is windows xp pro on workstations
                If it is the personal edition, then it's only licensed for one PC therefore check it out as you may be breaching their licensing terms.
                Last edited by biggles77; 29th March 2010, 14:00.
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

i install free version avira on workstation. 35 workstations, i install 35 avira free edition and every workstation uses his version, nothing other.

Comment

i install free version avira on workstation. 35 workstations, i install 35 avira free edition and every workstation uses his version, nothing other.

echo off @
                    \\server01\particija\antivirpec.exe
                    but script doesn't work. share folder have share and ntfs permission authenticated user modify. domain user have right local administrator that i could install avira.

Comment

but script doesn't work. share folder have share and ntfs permission authenticated user modify. domain user have right local administrator that i could install avira.
                      By using in such a manner you are breaching the licence agreement for the software.

Can this please be closed as we do NOT condone the use of software in this manner.

Comment

Thread closed and all links removed.

gogi100, because of your post count we will assume this is a misunderstanding on your part and you haven't deliberately attempted to breach the EULA of the software. As a result of this belief you will receive a warning Infraction instead of a ban.
                        Last edited by biggles77; 29th March 2010, 14:16.
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                        X