Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script to rename network computers and automaticaly join domain

hi guys.
    Is there a tool or script to help me automate computer name changes and domain joining.
    i have a network of 77 windows os machines. I have imaged them using clonezilla enterprise .The problem now is they all have the same name.I need to change their names from a central point without me having to go to each individual PC.I will then need to join these renamed machines to a domain remotely.

if anyone can assist me or direct me to a place i can get help i would really appreciate it.

regards

Nyasha

Re: script to rename network computers and automaticaly join domain

Didn't you sysprep the master computer before you took an image of it?

-vP

Comment

Originally posted by vonPryz View Post
      Didn't you sysprep the master computer before you took an image of it?

-vP
      no i hadnt used sysprep. I know its a tool from microsoft. will it do the job?as in will it automate the renaming or it will ask me on each individual pc to put the new name??
      thanks for your quick response.

regards
      Nyasha

Comment

Yes, you need to sysprep the computer before taking an image. After deploying an image, a mini-setup will start and configure the computer. Take a look at this article that explains how to use sysprep.

-vP

Comment

You must use sysprep when imaging machines, otherwise all machines will have the same name, SID etc...and will fail when joining domain.

Comment

Working...
          X