Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 batch script problem with ifmember.exe

Hello, first post here!

Im trying to mount shares using ifmember.exe in a batch script. The script simply checks whether a user is in a group and mounts the appropriate shares.

Now the script failed and I found out why.

The users are in two different groups. The main group in this example is called DL_Groep1 (domain local) and the group has one member called G_2009-2010. Within G_2009-2010 are all the users.

The main problem is that ifmember.exe only recognises membership of G_2009-2010 for this test user and not the group above it (DL_Groep1).

Is there a workaround for this?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Server 2003 batch script problem with ifmember.exe

Hi,

I know it's obvious but you could try using ifmember.exe with the G_2009-2010 instead as a workaround.
    ..Or alternatively try MemeberOf from joeware: http://www.joeware.net/freetools/too...erof/index.htm
    which I believe supports nested groups.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Hi,

I know it's obvious but you could try using ifmember.exe with the G_2009-2010 instead as a workaround.
      ..Or alternatively try MemeberOf from joeware: http://www.joeware.net/freetools/too...erof/index.htm
      which I believe supports nested groups.
      Using G_2009-2010 is not an option. You see, I'm doing this for a school. G-2009-2010 means that group started in that schoolyear. That never changes. However the shares do. So they are also part of a bigger group wich holds the shares.

I will look into the joeware thing. Thanks!

Comment

I use ifmember in a logon script, also in a school environment.
        At the end of the academic year, there are certain housekeeping tasks that I'll have to do and amending the logon script is one of them.

Cheers
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hehe, well this school is very small and does not have an in house IT guy, so we want to keep the maintenance to a minimum.

Memberof dit not work, it only shows what groups a user it in but I could not use it in a script.

I've solved the problem by maken a policy for every class and only allowed them to run on certain groups.

Comment

Working...
          X