Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconciling user account names

Greetings all,

I have tried unsuccessfully for a week attempting to run some sort of query against Active Directory user account names (first initial, last name, in some cases they're mixed case) against a list of names from HR (count 1800 new account requests, full first name, last name). So that I can verify if a user does not exist in AD so that I can script the creation of the new user accounts.

Since I am not the only one creating the user accounts, in some cases you find, the sAMAccount name in the last name field only. So the possibility of doing a query using the first name, last name and CN attributes becomes problematic.

Anybody have a solution for this?
    Regards,
    Randerso

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." W. B. Yeats

Re: Reconciling user account names

Do you have any examples of anything you've tried? Maybe we can build off that...

Comment

Re: Reconciling user account names

ekrengel,

Hello and thanks for responding.

As I was under a deadline to get this done (aren't we all!), the creation of all the user accounts was dependant on clearing up existing user samaccount names so I could maintain unique IDs in the domain.

In the end I just did it manually, not the best way to get it done but that portion of it is now completed and the creation of 1800 user accounts went off fairly smooth, well, as smooth it could!

I appreciate your offer to assist me, maybe next time
      Regards,
      Randerso

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." W. B. Yeats

Comment

Working...
      X