Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch File question

Hi,

I want to creat a batch file which would get run as soon as any user logs into the system and would extract the username, date and time of login and would put this to an excel file in d drive.

I have created till extracting the username and the date and time but not sure how to send these values to the excel file in d drive. Can anyone help me in this please.....
    also if this activity can happen without letting the user know that his date and time is captured in a excel file.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Premanshu.

Re: Batch File question

Could you please post what you have done alreadty to help us?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Batch File question

Originally posted by premanshu View Post
      also if this activity can happen without letting the user know that his date and time is captured in a excel file
      Make sure that the company's IT policy states that this information is logged.

How are you getting this script to run? Is it in the user's Startup folder? Configured through Group Policy?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X