X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete multiple files comman

Hi Guys,

I'll try my best to explain this.

Basically I want to delete cookies in multiple users roaming profile paths.

E.g the paths are

\\servername\profiles\david\cookies
    \\servername\profiles\john\cookies

What I would like to do is use a scipt\command to delete the cookies files for all users.

I was hoping to use something like del \\servername\profiles\*\*.*

I hope there is a way to do this as I have a 120 users which I need to move to a new server overnight. Currently it's taking to long to copy because of the amount of users cookies.

Thanks in advance

Re: Delete multiple files comman

What have you tried? From your post it's not clear what problem you're having with your script - all we know is what the desired end result is.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I havent written a script I'm trying to delete multpile files

\\servername\profiles\david\cookies
      \\servername\profiles\john\cookies

what I want to do is delete all the cookie files in the directories above. I basically need some sort of a wildcard command for the usernames.

I hope this makes more sence.

Thanks

Comment

Ok. Since you posted in the scripting forum I was assuming you had a script.

Possibly the simplest way to do this is to do a search on the root of the Profiles share folder for files matching the naming convention for cookies. Then sorting the results by location. Depending on OS, this will group them one way on 2003 or another way on 2008 - my suggestion of this being simple is based on 2008.

Or you could try using Folder Redirection - but you won't be able to move the profiles tonight. Tomorrow night, once users login tomorrow.

Maybe you could give us some details regarding your fileserver (OS in particular), then we might have a chance of helping you.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Many Thanks for the search tip I think this could be good enough to do what I need. I've done a search for *@*.txt and this has pretty much found all the cookies files in all users roaming profiles.

Comment

Working...
          X