Script to Notify when machine is DOwn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to Notify when machine is DOwn

Hey Guys, is it possible to make a script, to notify me by mail when the machine is down or stops responding, probably to a ping ?
    or stops detecting the other DC ?

Regards
    Kevin

Re: Script to Notify when machine is DOwn

Originally posted by kevinguerreiro View Post
    is it possible to make a script, to notify me by mail when the machine is down or stops responding, probably to a ping ?
    Sure it is. The easiest way, like you suggest, is to ping the machine. If done with Powershell, take a look on a post about similar a problem. VBScript can be used too, but it is more cubersome an alternative as Wscript.Shell object is needed to do the pinging. Batch solution is possible as well, but some kind of tool is needed for sending the email. So the answer depends on what scripting tools you are willing to use.

-vP

Comment

well, dont really know anything about scripting and programing, so probably just tell me the best way to start and ill take it from there, and ill try to do something that's called RTM ( Read The Manual ). Thx for the ideas.

Regards
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kevinguerreiro View Post
        just tell me the best way to start and ill take it from there, and ill try to do something that's called RTM
        The first step is to have a plan, so develop one. Pay attention to at least the following questions. What machine(s) are you monitoring? Which machine does the monitoring? What if the monitorin machine crashes? What about false alarms? How often to check?

Go with Powershell. Lots of tutorials are available. Read the script I linked earlier on; try and understand what's going on.

-vP

Comment

Working...
        X