Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

    Does anybody know a way of checking if a large number of pc's have NTFS or fat32 as their file system? It would be nice to run a script which would tell me this as i have about a 1000 pc's I would like to check .
    cheers,
    Hazey

  • #2
    Re: Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

    You going to check their Health? (Sorry, saw your address and couldn't help myself)

    Moved to scripting for a better result.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

      Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      You going to check their Health? (Sorry, saw your address and couldn't help myself)

      Moved to scripting for a better result.

      LOL thanks for moving, If i can find them i will do more than check their health, I will pull the plug

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

        Er... you seem to have moved to Exchange 2003....
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

          Oops, just saw that and thought double post. Need a new mouse me thinks.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

            Ah well, you know what they say about workmen and tools....
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

              Originally posted by hazey View Post
              Does anybody know a way of checking if a large number of pc's have NTFS or fat32 as their file system?
              WMI is the answer, as usual.

              wmic logicaldisk where deviceid='C:' get deviceid, filesystem

              DeviceID FileSystem
              C: NTFS

              Just create a list of all the computers and run WMI queries against the list.

              -vP

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Discover if XP has NTFS or fat32

                Originally posted by vonPryz View Post
                WMI is the answer, as usual.

                wmic logicaldisk where deviceid='C:' get deviceid, filesystem

                DeviceID FileSystem
                C: NTFS

                Just create a list of all the computers and run WMI queries against the list.

                -vP
                Thanks I wil give it a shot

                Comment

                Working...
                X