Script to remove network service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to remove network service

Anyone know how to script the removal of a network service? Specifically Symantec's Teefer2 Driver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	symantec_4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	468212
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Re: Script to remove network service

I haven't found much on this...but maybe this can give you a starting point. It looks like the INetCfgClass on MSDN should be able to do this.

Look at the "DeInstall" method. Again I searched for some sample scripts using INetCfg but was unable to find any.

A batch script might be better for this...

Comment

Yeah something along those lines but I need to be able to use it in a scripting language (preferably vbs).
      Regards,
      Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Is there a service in "services.msc" that you can just stop and disable for Teefer2?

Comment

Originally posted by ekrengel View Post
          Is there a service in "services.msc" that you can just stop and disable for Teefer2?
          I guess not, as Teefer2 is not that kind of service. It's more like a protocol or a device driver. In order to create some confusion, the meaning of "service" depends on context.

Teefer2 is part of Symantec's anti-malware stack. From the Symantec KB article:

"The Teefer2 driver is responsible for capturing all network traffic entering or leaving a particular interface so that the packets may be passed to the personal firewall component of the SEP 11.0 client for analysis. -- Please note that it is not possible to disable the Teefer2 driver without removing SEP 11's firewall component. "

-vP

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
            Anyone know how to script the removal of a network service? Specifically Symantec's Teefer2 Driver.

[ATTACH]3088[/ATTACH]
            JeremyW,

Is it just that driver you want to get rid or the whole endpoint client?
            It looks like the manual uninstallation of the client could add a few gray hairs on any one attempting it.
            I haven't actually tried this but there is a utility CleanWipe
            that could help in the process. Again not sure if the executable supports any silent switches to make it more automatic.
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I am try to automate the removal of SEP. I came across the mention of CleanWipe in my searching. I may just contact Symantec to see if I can get the utility and see what they suggest. It seems that there's no way of doing it through a script.

Thanks guys.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
                I am try to automate the removal of SEP.
                Is SEP installed from a MSI package? If it is, one could use Msiexec.exe's uninstall switch.

-vP

Comment

Working...
                X