Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote installation and execution

Hi.
    Many times I have to install an application or patch on several machines and run.
    How can this be done without having to go to each PC to install and run?

Seeking to any command or script that you can copy the file to the pc and then run

Run: 2 times required to press a button and then accept the end.

Re: Remote installation and execution

Normally I'd say just use Active Directory software installation features or use psexec. However, since you need to actually click buttons something like this would be needed. I suppose you could also go to the trouble of creating your own MSI files. There are actually other automated software installation products out there too so you should probably shop around a bit.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

psexec, i probe with no walks.
      msi does not work either with the issue of having to press buttons to make it fully installed.

Comment

Solutions: AutoIT

You can close this post

Comment

Glad you found something! AutoIT sounds familiar to me... I was trying to remember the name of a scirpting language that could automate GUI interaction. I think you just found it for me.

A word about MSI's: My understanding of creating an MSI is that it will install software that requires certain buttons to be pressed. One way of making an MSI is to have a test machine with a base installation of the OS on it. You then run your MSI creating program of choice which essentially images the machine. Next, install the software with all of the options that you want it to have. Finally, you run the MSI creation software again which looks at the new image, compares it to the first image (the one before the installation) and then maks a delta file of all of the changes to the computer. That delta file is made into an MSI which can then install onto any computer with no button pressing.

That's probably an oversimplified explanation, but I think you get the idea.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
          X