logon message?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logon message?

i want to display a meesage/alert on every user logon,i want tp apply this script on students OU, what should i have to do?

You could use the logon message which appears after pressint ctrl + alt + del but before they enter username and password. This is in group policy under computer settings - windows settings - security settings - local policies - security options - interactibe logon: message test for users attempting to logon
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

tried it but not working... any details

Comment

Make sure that once you've added the appropriate items to GPO that you apply it to the OU/Group/etc.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Try it on the local security first to make sure you are setting the right policy.
          MCSE w2k
          MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
          MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Re: logon message?

I would like to add a flash (either .swf or .exe) as a logon message/disclaimer where users have to accept the terms an conditions.

I've seen it 3 years ago in a company and would like to implement it on my AD.

I've already created the flash which will continue with logon when "accept" and will shutdown (shutdown command line built into the flash) when "decline". I've tried some options but wasn't happy about the behaviour; for example:
            the flash.exe as a logon script - can be disabled by the user and the shutdown doesn't work
            as a GPO\Computer Configuration\Admin Templates\System\Logon\Run these programs at user logon - users can stop by Ctrl-Alt-Del and shutdown doesn't work.

Any idea how to do this? Will be appreciated!

Comment

I doubt you can get this working without a third party MSGINA.DLL (which does the login screen) - Microsoft provide for only a text-based message on login which advises the user of computer use policy but does not require "acceptance" of it. In the current scenario, most pre-login messages include a clause which states that by logging in, you are accepting the local IT Policies and rules.

For obvious reasons, Microsoft have limited very strictly the programs that can be run before a user is logged on... because running a program which has administrative rights to the PC prior to login gives a hacker a dead easy route into the system...

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Fodde,
                It would be better if you had made a new post rather than hijacking a very old thread

Forum mod please split?

Tom
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  Fodde,
                  It would be better if you had made a new post rather than hijacking a very old thread

Forum mod please split?

Tom
                  SORRY

Should I create a new post or wait for mod?

Comment

I don't know how to spit. Question already asked to the Admins.
                    However, to make progress in you're question, I recommend you to create a new thread.
                    Marcel
                    Technical Consultant
                    Netherlands
                    http://www.phetios.com
                    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                    X