enable Window Script Host on window 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enable Window Script Host on window 2003

I was trying to run this sample Microsoft vbscript on my XP, and the script supposed to create the text file "HelloRemote.txt" on my Window server 2003. I got the error of "Microsfoft vbscript Runtime Error; permission denied."

The sample scripts are below:
    =======================
    RemoteTest.wsf
    =======================
    <package>
    <job>
    <script language="VBScript">
    set oController = CreateObject("WSHController")
    set oProcess = oController.CreateScript("c:\scripts\beenhere2.wsf ", "RemoteServer")
    oProcess.Execute
    While oProcess.Status <> 2
    WScript.Sleep 100
    WEnd
    WScript.Echo "Done"
    </script>
    </job>
    </package>

================================
    Beenhere.wsf
    ================================
    <package>
    <job>
    <script language="VBScript">
    set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    set fout = fso.CreateTextFile("\\lsi001\c$\scripts\HelloRemot e.txt", true)
    fout.WriteLine Now
    fout.Close
    </script>
    </job>
    </package>

=====

I have verified that WSH5.6 are ready installed on both of my XP and Server2003. by issuing the command cscript on DOS. I could run the same scripts successfully from the server to XP, but not the other way around. Info in the Server's registry Window Script Host folder are missing 4 strings . My guess was the WSH wasn't fully enabled, so I have attempted to re-installed WSH5.6 on the server (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en), however the installation was stopped because of system incompatibility. The error is "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with this version of Windows." At this point I am just hoping if anyone could show me the way to by pass that installation error , or perhaps a different approach to run script remotely. Thanks in advance for any inputs.

And btw, I login as domain administrator when running these scripts .

qb2k
Working...
X