Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping a network drive

Hallo,
    I need your help in mapping a network drive without logging into the computer. The mapped drive should be available at all times even when nobody is logged in to the system. How can i do it?
    Thank's.

Need more information about the operating systems and why you need this mapping.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
      Need more information about the operating systems and why you need this mapping.
      Yes, and how it's going to be accessed as well.

Sounds like you want a simple share, or similar, where the computer shares out a drive, and it's available on the other computers, even if knowbody logs into the main system, and this is easily done by right clicking the folder you want to share, and enabling the sharing, then mapping the drive to the computers that are accessing it, then when they log in, the drive will be there, even if knowbody logs onto the other system.

This can also be done with a script, and no sharing, so the computer logs in as an authorised account to the serving computer, and establishes a mapping before the client completes a log-in??

We need a little more info.

B.

Comment

The mapped drive should be available at all times even when nobody is logged in to the system. How can i do it?

What does exactly mean? Which system ? The client or the server? Scripts can run on computer startup or can start on users profile startup. If it is on the server side than nothing is needed as the drvie will be available all the time to the clients
        Regards,

Mario

MCP,MCSA , CCNA , No Life

Comment

Working...
        X