No announcement yet.

Updated Script But Not Updated On Clients

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Script But Not Updated On Clients

Hi ive made a network drive mapping script for 4 drives which are on data2, we have now changed the script to point to data3 our new data sever.

So ive updated the script which when i disconnected the drives first (data2) allows the new drives to appear (data3) when double clicking on the vbs file.

So then i used a script to delete the old ones and insert the new ones which works when i click on it with no errors.

But if i restart the xp machine it still has the old ones ie data2 so ive checked around on the xp machines and they have the old ones in i think a folder called policies.

So my question is how do i force the xp machines to grab the new script and delete the old script it has cached (i dont know if it is cached but deffo on all xp machines). Now i wont get this bit right but there was another line i inserted in the script which i thought would do this i cant remeber the script but it start with a 'b' and then TRUE.

Sorry for being a bit vague at home now!!

Last edited by klakka; 21st January 2008, 21:39.

Re: Updated Script But Not Updated On Clients

Sounds like GP just hasn't updated yet. Chances are by the time you read this it's already updated

But for future reference, open up a cmd prompt and run the following command

This will update the computer and user policies but may require a restart for the computer policies to kick in.

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **