help with batch to install flash active-x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with batch to install flash active-x

merry christmas everyone! ineed your help please...i made an unattended win xp cd and i need a batch to install the flash player active-x after the finish of the windows installation. what i mean is that it has to finish the xp installation and then to run this batch....any ideas please? thanks for your time!

Re: help with batch to install flash active-x

Hi,

Although this switch is ment to run with winnt.exe but it also works with winnt32.exe.

So while installing the Windows run the setup as follows:

cd-drive:\i386\winnt32.exe /e:command_to_run_at_setup_finish

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216518

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

One more thing:

For better responses it should have been posted under "Windows 2000 server, Windows server2003" tab.

Regards,
      Kapil Sharma
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Originally posted by kapilsharma11 View Post
        One more thing:

For better responses it should have been posted under "Windows 2000 server, Windows server2003" tab.

Regards,
        Er... No.
        This is the scripting forum and therefore the correct home for posts about batch files etc.
        Machinakias clearly read the forum rules and made his first post in the best forum for it, giving a good amount of information about the scenario and asking for specific scripting related help. If this had been posted in the Server forum, a moderator or admin would have had to move it here.

It is good to see a new member taking the time to familiarise themselves with the board layout and posting appropriately, where so many do not think and just post in the first place they see.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

back again.first,thanks for the replies. second:i don't get it...i posted in the wrong place? if i did,my excuses! wont happen again! and now my question...because i'm dummie...well here is the thing once again.

i have a batch named flash.bat with this command inside "start /wait flash9.exe /q" and a file flash9.exe.

i also got an unattended cd of xp pro made with n-lite.

so,to make this batch run after the installation of xp i have to use this "c:\i386\winnt32.exe /e:flash.bat " ?
          am i right? and one more thing...
          the 2 files involved where they must be located in my cd?
          please give me an exact procedure if possible...i dont want to be a jerk and ask again and again....thank you all for your understanding!

Comment

Re: help with batch to install flash active-x (case closed)

well finally someone told me to find a flash.cab for n-lite.this worked for me.....
            so thanks for your help everybody!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X